Oriental and Persian rugs are a rare and beautiful investment if properly cared for and maintained. Learn how to prevent problems and handle commonly encountered situations with these quick Oriental rug care tips.
1. Act Fast. Time is of the essence when a spill or accident takes place. Resist the urge to procrastinate; instead, take care of spills as soon as they happen to reduce the rate of absorption and prevent stains.
2. Blot Don’t Rub. Remember, oriental rugs often use various weaves, textures and colors to achieve the beauty and originality of the final product. Rubbing may cause friction or strain to the fibers and colors ? blot spills with a paper towel or fine absorbent cloth instead.
3. Scoop Spills. If large spills or beaded liquid are on the surface, use a spoon or other type of smooth object to remove as much as possible from the carpet before it permeates the rug. Don?t cause frictions or press down – instead, gently remove as much as possible with a scooping maneuver.
4. Avoid Spot Treatment. Commonly sold stain remover and carpet treatment are often far too harsh for the needs of Oriental rug care. The natural dyes can be easily damaged by harsh chemicals
instead, call a professional Atlanta rug cleaning company that specializes in oriental rugs for deeply set stains or odors.
5. Sun & Humidity Control. Atlanta Oriental rug cleaning often requires specialized attention due to high humidity levels and exposure to bright sunshine. Even if you position your oriental rug out of direct sunshine, the high humidity level of Atlanta poises special challenges for carpet care. High humidity levels can increase the rate of oxidation leading to faded colors as well as increased odors and other problems.
When it comes to selecting an Atlanta rug cleaning company, it is a good idea to use a company like Kiwi Services who is capable of providing complete oriental rug cleaning and repair ? including weaving ? with one call. In addition, the nationwide reputation and guarantee provides peace of mind in knowing your investment is in good hands.”